Sunday, July 29, 2007

MERRILL COURT - Completed construction

Construction of Merrill Court was completed in early 2006. With a lot of help from Ate Mayet and family and the rest of the Mendoza clan including the Esta couple (Ger and Lani who were our chief architects, with Dennis as chief design consultant - CDC huh), as well as from friends (the likes of Ate Agnez and family who helped a lot in settling legal/deed of restriction issues during the construction). Dennis had it blessed soon after in May of the same year (I could not join him due to work commitments), with Dennis' classmate-turned-priest officiating. Housewarming (organized on my behalf by my sister Doris with Dennis' sisters) was belatedly held on New Year's Day 2007 with both the Mendozas and the Magnoses in attendance; it was timed with our annual break.

Blessing led by Fr. Bien.

The facade now.

The terrace and garage now.

The terrace now.

The master bedroom now.

The master bedroom wardrobe closets now.

The master bedroom T&B now.

The kitchen now.

The dining area now.

The living area now.

The Turkish chandelier at the living area.

Our first Christmas tree.

The housewarming crowd.

The impact of having a home I can call my own (ok ok half my own) finally did not really hit me until I saw the master toilet and bath (to me, it is the best part of the home). I just found myself shedding a tear (of joy obviously) when I realized that I have fulfilled a long-cherished dream of mine.

Merrill Court is still a project-in-progress. There are a myriad interior decoration elements that still need to be added, as well as furnishings and knick-knacks from travels abroad. It is yet to achieve a lived-in look.

But without a doubt, Merrill Court is truly katas ng Saudi (literally, juice of Saudi - a nod to the proverbial blood, sweat and tears that Overseas Filipino Workers/OFWs like us, have to shed as we earn our livelihood away from the country of our birth).