Saturday, June 09, 2007

NEPHEWS AND NIECES AND NEPHEWS/NIECES KIDS

This is a photograph of my nephews and nieces, and some of my older nephews/nieces' kids. I'm proud of them all if only because they all are lookers! I hope they all grow up to be as good-hearted as they are as good-looking!

They gathered together for a reunion of sorts in Cavite. Three nephews/nieces from the USA, Japan and Saudi (who are siblings), decided to take a break in the Philippines together. Thus, the opportunity to meet and hopefully bond, was there. It's rare for my brothers and sisters to come together, much less my nephews and nieces and their own children (who are now my grandkids).


Well, I'm old enough to be a grandparent! Just turned double four last Thursday (June 7). It was a simple celebration this year. The families at our villa (the Rosarios and the Esguerras) joined Dennis and I for lunch at the newly-opened Tony Roma's where we feasted on barbecued beef ribs. Dinner was another simple one with a new-found friend at Season's Restaurant which has an on-going Japanese Cuisine festival (with an authentic Japanese chef flown in; although our local favorite , Tokyo Restaurant, also boasts of an authentic Japanese chef who also co-owns the place and who knows Tagalog to boot, because most of his staff are Filipinos).

I am greatly grateful for the gifts I got this year: an embroidered card with a touching message about how I must be thankful for my life, a denim, top-of-the-line wallet, a really exotic-smelling perfume and a to die-for pair of painted sneakers! Of course, I am also eternally grateful for all the warm messages of love and prayers that found my way from my always well-meaning and thoughtful family and friends.

So what's not to like about adding another year to my life, even when I stopped counting my age at 28?