Saturday, June 16, 2007

HIGH SCHOOL LIFE - The Photographs

High school classmate and friend Cecil, encouraged me once to write about our life in high school. Truth to tell, the idea has long been simmering in my head. I have always wanted to do it with high school photographs uploaded as well though. I had difficulty sourcing the photographs until I realized some photographs have been uploaded to our high school class Yahoo group. So once again, I'm taking liberties at posting photographs from other sources.


The high school photograph I love the most: Dennis, Thiele, myself and Cecil. Except for Dennis and myself, Thiele, Cecil and I never called each other best friends but best friends we still turned out to be, up to now. Ms. Bongon (our high school adviser, once labeled Dennis and I as "erstwhile friends"). I'm unsure what year this photograph was taken but it was at the beach near our school. The Aquinas University Legazpi campus where the Science-Oriented High School (yep, that's how my high school was officially referred to, in fact, up to now) was located, was by the Albay Gulf. In fact, the campus is also bordered by the legendary Yawa River. Being near these bodies of water had their charm but when the floods came, the same bodies of water were a bane to the campus.


Strictly speaking, this is not our graduation photograph. This shot was taken after the Baccalaureate Mass held in the morning of graduation day. The practice was a quaint one for Dominican-run schools. But it was something we all dressed up for nonetheless. That's me in the middle of the photograph, in my barong Tagalog (native garb for men) no less.


This is also not our official graduation photo. (I think we didn't have one!) This was taken infront of the Library building where the top most floor was an auditorium where we had our graduation ceremony. Yes, we wore the traditional graduation togas! But where am in this photograph? It's so unclear, I can't even identify myself!